View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 12:29 AM
3rd Guy High

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I advocated keeping Brad Richards another season before buying him out but I think you may have to after this season. Can't risk him getting injured next year so that you can't buy him out. It's not even like he's invisible out there, he's a flat out detriment to his line. He kills anything that his line mates have going no matter who it is. His decline is extremely similar to that of Drury after he destroyed his hand and his body started breaking down. Neither player could skate or keep up with the play or even handle a simple pass.
Exactly how I feel. I too wanted him for one more season as a stop-gap for someone like Lindberg.

At this point we might as well just throw Lindberg into the fire and hope he succeeds. I think he will. He's been advertised as good defensively. Much better than what Richards is right now. If Lindberg can come in and have a Stepan-like impact (Stepan's first year) or even just hold down the fort defensively I think we'd be better off than having Richards there taking another roster spot and crippling our cap flexibility for nothing.