View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 12:14 AM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
After having some time to think about this loss here's what I've got:

-I'm so disappointed in Rick Nash. It's one thing to not score, but it's another to be completely invisible, not hitting, doing that stupid backwards move 5 times, not shooting, not really hustling back on defense

-Nash is a great player. But he doesn't look like a winner. I thought he'd really try to prove people wrong in this series and he's been completely shut down

-I've been willing to give Richards another season, but he's been completely terrible in the playoffs when he normally elevates his game.

-Callahan was terrible in regulation and Stepan didn't give too much either

-The team played a great first period, but chances like Hagelin's are prime chances, and we need to finish them

-Boyle's penalty was stupid, but he's not to blame for this loss. Not even close. At least he tries, and that's more than I can say for some other players on the team

-If Torts is putting this loss on Brassard, he's an idiot. Brassard's been our best forward in the series, and without him we're already eliminated

-By no means am I blaming Lundqvist, but he hasn't been himself this series, especially when it comes to rebound control, where he's been very poor. Giving Washington second chances is going to hurt you, and that's exactly how Ribeiro scored the OT winner

Regroup and get ready for a winnable game 6. Confidence wise, I don't feel great about going back to Verizon Center for a game 7. House of horrors for this team. Games 1,2,5 this year. Games 4 and 6 last year (Game 3 2OT win). Games 1,2,5 in 2011. And games 5 and 7 in 2009. 1-10 in our last 11 playoff games there. Pathetic.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote