View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Linus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
You have a good point there about not being able to capitalize on their luck, but still, look at the goal that knocked them out of the playoffs...
I know what you mean. It was luck in the sense that it went in the net with .2 seconds left, was deflected, etc. But it wouldn't have happened had the Blues gotten it deep or played to the whistle. All I'm saying is, I generally think that luck evens itself out, especially in a series of games.

Watching Hitch's postgame conference, I'm surprised he's that candid about addressing the core in the offseason. Say Oshie, Berglund, Perron, and Stewart are the players whose places are being debated. I think Oshie needs to stay, no brainer. I'd keep Berglund too, as frustrating as he can be, due to the lack of center depth. Of course, if the Blues somehow acquire another center, he could be more expendable. Out of those four, Perron and Stewart are most likely to go, but I'd rather see Stewart go than Perron. Realistically, what could Stewart + Perron get the Blues?

This post is already all over the place, but enough can't be said about Steen in this series. I was hard on him during the season but he really got into another gear in the playoffs. If only other players could find that extra gear that Steen did.