View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 01:43 AM
sbet1998

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I know what you mean. It was luck in the sense that it went in the net with .2 seconds left, was deflected, etc. But it wouldn't have happened had the Blues gotten it deep or played to the whistle. All I'm saying is, I generally think that luck evens itself out, especially in a series of games.

Watching Hitch's postgame conference, I'm surprised he's that candid about addressing the core in the offseason. Say Oshie, Berglund, Perron, and Stewart are the players whose places are being debated. I think Oshie needs to stay, no brainer. I'd keep Berglund too, as frustrating as he can be, due to the lack of center depth. Of course, if the Blues somehow acquire another center, he could be more expendable. Out of those four, Perron and Stewart are most likely to go, but I'd rather see Stewart go than Perron. Realistically, what could Stewart + Perron get the Blues?

This post is already all over the place, but enough can't be said about Steen in this series. I was hard on him during the season but he really got into another gear in the playoffs. If only other players could find that extra gear that Steen did.
If that's not a lucky goal, then lucky goals dont exist. Luck happens. Its not all fate and other BS. They got lucky on that deflection. I think they know that.

The Blues outplayed them, they lost on that goal. Its luck, that puck could have been deflected any number of other places and been as harmless as it looked. This isnt hard to figure out. Fluke goals happen, and they seem to happen to the Blues at the most inopportune times.

We're Blues fans. Lucky us.