View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Dallas has a few players that usually like to turn it up during crunch time. This year, however, "crunch time" is basically now until the end of the season if they plan on making the playoffs.
I don't care what people say, the Stars miss Hatcher. Numminen does NOT make up for the former captain and Boucher was at most their #3 d-man last year, behind Hatcher and Zubov. Losing Hatcher hurt, and losing a depth d-man like Sydor hurt as well. The Stars are pretty deep up the middle, and a trade for another d-man couldn't hurt.
While the defence has been somewhat suspect this year(probably a chemistry thing as they adjusted to the post-Hatcher era), I was quite surprised with the lack of offence from the Moneybag players up front. Steadily becoming NY Rangers West, the Stars need especially their captain to start leading, which he hasn't been. Funny, over the summer people were fawning over how Modano would make the perfect replacement as captain if Hatcher couldn't be re-signed.
I think Hicks still has some patience...he'll probably start REALLY getting steamed when it gets closer to the trade deadline and the Stars haven't improved a lot.
The statsheet does not tell everything son. It's the offense that's been sucking. The defense has actually been amazing the past 20 games, untill last night, our PK ranked 2nd and had the 4th lowest goals against.

The offense on the other hand, has been blown out an NHL-leading 8 times and averages 1.97 goals a game. And sure, Boucher is a #3 at best, all he did was outplay both Zubov and Hatcher ever since he got here.

There's just no effort, no dedication...