View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 04:04 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Torts is part of the problem, but the roster is so inept. Sather need a major overhaul while players like Callahan still have high trade value. He is not the right guy to lead the rebuild in my opinion though.

Do you guys honestly see a team with Ryan Callahan as their leading TOI/PG forward as a cup winner? Ryan Callahan would be a 3rd line player on contending teams like Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Jose, and LA.

I do not want to invest in a player like him, whose wheels are falling off. It's time to cut ties and move on. It was a fun ride, but he needs to go. 1 yr left on contract, but his perceived value as a leader will hopefully have a team overpay like the Wild did for Pominville's services. Callahan for Jaskin and a 2nd, get it done.

And the LHD thing needs to be sorted out. You can't have 4 LS defenseman in McDonagh, MDZ, Staal and Moore. I prefer to keep the youth and move Staal to Carolina.
Good teams don't have one leader. Callahan is one leader and a good one at that. One of our A is out and another needs to be taken out like old yeller.

Cally is one important cog on this team who can certainly help the team win. If you can find a trade where you get significant value for him then you might do it but theres no need to actively seek a trade for him. He's a damn good player and great Ranger. This teams other problems prevent it from winning, Callahan is not a problem that keeps this team from winning.

I don't know much about Jaskin why did you pull this name out of nowhere? what has he done that makes him more valuable? Similarly what would you get for Staal?

I can't help but wonder how we would be doing with tarasenko right now and/or Sauer

Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-11-2013 at 04:19 AM.