View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 04:46 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Didn't stop Maata from sliding last year. Are they really all that different?

If he was in the CHL he'd have more viewings and would probably have been picked apart even further.

A good prospect, but really hard to gauge where he's at for most of us North Americans. I don't think playing in the CHL really does too much for his value, moreso for his exposure to fans/followers of the draft.

The scouts know who and what he is.
Määttä is pretty consistent defensively and is pretty good all-around talent but with limited upside. Ristolainen has way more upside than Määttä IMO. Just how they play the game. Ristolainen is the guy who leads the team on the defense, commands the game with his poise and steady opening game at the defense. Is the big bad guy at the defensive-zone who punishes opponents and make them feel very unconfortable going infront of net. Ristolainen has better mobility, offensive vision, shot, stick skills than Määttä and the gap at those skills isn't slight. Ristolainen was the better player at WJC and led the finnish defense.

Määttä is right now more consistent and reliable defensively than Ristolainen. But Ristolainen has chance to become pretty darn good physical defenseman with offensive skill. Määttä is good prospect but i take Ristolainen and it's not close for me. Both are safe prospects but Ristolainen has much higher ceiling.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote