View Single Post
05-11-2013, 07:28 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
The Renney postseason teams looked better than any of the Torts postseason teams.

If they lose, that's 3 first round exits and a non-playoff season in five years. Torts would be the first Rangers coach to last that long with that kind of ineptitude.

Maybe the players do hate him. The lack of effort is mind boggling.
I am not a Torts fan, but I don't believe that the players isn't giving their all for him (not for a second).

But we play a style that takes an extreme effort on the ice. We roll 13-14 players 90% of the time. They can't take it, but instead of going with lesser players, Torts opts to go with tired players.

Torts has made media and fans his bi***. He talks tough and many are obviously afraid of him. Renney had 50% the roster and still wouldnt have lasted with Torts lack of results. I mean Renney had some really weak rosters (Dawes, Gomez, Prucha, Naslund, Drury on top lines), but was trashed for only winning 2-1. We hit alot more with Renney, but Torts is never called out for icing the least physically team -- by a wide margin -- in the POs. He talks tough, all that matters.

The key to coach in NY = intimidate media.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote