View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Block More Shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
We could still win at home.

But this is hockey. I just saw France, a bottom level ECHL team, beat Russia (easily the most loaded hockey team right now on ice). But when we play the Caps away we are glad if we can come close early in the game and we aren't even on their planet from the half mark and on.

My point is just that we need to change something. It stinks, and is almost a ****** move, to take out Asham. But we just must roll four lines. All other teams do it, and it's obviously that we just don't have the stamina to go with 13-14 skaters 90% of the time...

Hags/Step/Cally were gassed late last night. Zucc and Brassard opened strong, but where then gassed.

You cannot compete in the NHL in 2013 with tired players on the ice. Torts don't play his current 4the line. Gamble on Miller and Kreider.
I agree with trying Kreider/Miller on the 4th line, particularly because they will add speed and offensive potential to the lineup. Unfortunately though, I don't think it'll happen.

I've seen wayyyyyy too many people saying that this team just does not care anymore. That's just ridiculous! They seem to hit a wall at one point or another (more noticeably on the road) and become tired. Chalk that up to the system or conditioning or whatever, but the bottom line is that we are not generating enough offense WHEN IT MATTERS. Not converting on PPs and quality scoring chances usually kills your chances at winning in the playoffs. Timely goalscoring is huge in the playoffs, something we sorely lacked for the most part last year (ex. Not having the killer instinct and extending our leads in all three rounds) and in our road games this year.

This series is not over. Win at home and give yourself a chance again in WSH. I expect a Game 6 win for the Rangers.

Last edited by Block More Shots: 05-11-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote