View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 07:47 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
You absolutely do. But I think the trade deadline's moves showed that Torts is here to stay, whether we like it or not. His system can work, but at the same time he needs to adapt and make adjustments, which he doesn't do. He also does not allow for offensive creativity half the time.

At the same time, who is available that is better than Torts? Also, I believe the problem is that Torts' system was perfect for last year's team, not this years.

It's less noticeable. As a team, we block less shots, so I suppose it seems like Callahan is part of that.
his system of working behind the net cannot and will not win consistently enough in the PO's where you HAVE to play in front of the goalie to score goals on a consistent basis.

his system of surrendering the neutral zone and 10-15 feet deep in their own zone cannot win.

The Rangers got every break imaginable last year and because we are not getting those same breaks, we are who we are which is a mediocore team that plays a timid, submissive and passive game.

I have no confidence in the style that is being employed by Torts. Still no balance in terms of offensive consistency, or strategy for that matter.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote