View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 08:07 AM
nik jr

vCash: 500
i think it is ridiculous that tavares is a hart finalist.

one dimensional offensive player who was 17th in scoring, barely made the playoffs, got outscored at ES, got scored on more than almost any F in the NHL and started a high % of his shifts in the offensive zone.

it is also has not happened in many decades that a one dimensional F who was below a point per game was a hart finalist.

meanwhile, getzlaf was better in basically every important area. more points (and in fewer games), better GF and GA, better defensively, tougher matchups, PKed, more physical, captain of anaheim.

the only argument for tavares is based on standing out from NYI's mediocrity, but getzlaf led his team in scoring by a larger margin than tavares, and was involved in a higher % of his team's goals, even though getzlaf had better teammates and better depth.

i don't think datsyuk should have been a hart finalist, but i would have voted for him above tavares. DRW certainly would not have made the playoffs without him. +21 on a +9 team, far superior defensively and territorially, more points, better GF and GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I would love to waive hello to Stalberg in Detroit. Much like Laad and Versteeg, I think he is a top six player playing down the lineup and will look good elsewhere.
agree

his speed would be very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I don't know how you come back from that. Personally if that's a guy on my team, I never want to see him in my team's uniform ever again. But they can't possibly get rid of him. Wow...what could he possibly have been thinking?
that is not the 1st time ovechkin did that, but i would still want him on my team. his offense makes up for his lack of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Wow, the Blues lost 4 in a row. Their chances looked great after they took the 2-0 lead, but then lost the NeXT 4. They lost to the chapms though.
STL probably should have won that series, but they missed so many chances.

elliott was easily outplayed by quick. steen, schwartz and 4th liners were their most effective F's, i thought, and their top 6 were mostly ineffective. backes, berglund, oshie, perron, mcdonald, stewart were not very good.

schwartz was very impressive, not unlike nyquist, but bigger and more physical.