View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am not a Torts fan, but I don't believe that the players isn't giving their all for him (not for a second).

But we play a style that takes an extreme effort on the ice. We roll 13-14 players 90% of the time. They can't take it, but instead of going with lesser players, Torts opts to go with tired players.

Torts has made media and fans his bi***. He talks tough and many are obviously afraid of him. Renney had 50% the roster and still wouldnt have lasted with Torts lack of results. I mean Renney had some really weak rosters (Dawes, Gomez, Prucha, Naslund, Drury on top lines), but was trashed for only winning 2-1. We hit alot more with Renney, but Torts is never called out for icing the least physically team -- by a wide margin -- in the POs. He talks tough, all that matters.

The key to coach in NY = intimidate media.
I still don't get how a guy who is barely 5-foot-7 and 150 pounds and a barks like a little chihuahua can intimidate the media, especially a room for of New Yorkers.

Hell, little Larry Brooks stood toe to toe with him a few years back and all Torts could do was drop a few F-bombs.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote