View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 08:55 AM
hersky77

vCash: 500
If you look around the league at teams looking for a goalie, there are not many of them. Of the top of my head it would Philly, Calgary maybe edmonton and possibly Jersey. But in any situation that Price is for some reason traded we need a goalie coming back in return.

Philly- Bryz ( not touching with a ten foot pole)
Calgary ( Joey Mcdonald the guy is a glorified back up)
Edmonton ( Dubnyk Would only consider if one of hall, eberle,hopkins, schultz or yak is coming back with him)
Jersey (Both of them will be retired in the coming years)

The only two goalies on the market right now or Luongo and Bernier

Luongo ( 34 years old 9 years left on that albatross on a contract) Some of you hate Price but I will promise you that you will hate Luongo even more

Bernier ( French Canadian Back up goalie on the defending and possible repeat winners of the stanley cup)

I just can't see him being anywhere near as good as carey price as bernier is 24 compared to price's 25, as he has accomplished nothing in his career yet. The kings gave him a chance to take over the number one job, but he couldnt so what is saying he can do it here.

You guys dont seem to understand that goaltending is the hardest position to have depth in, and we are lucky we have a goalie like Carey Price.