View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Roboturner913

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
Has something changed since Riley ****ing Nas was a fixture at 3rd line center?
I'm going to pretend this is not a rhetorical/snarky question.

The answer is yes. A lot of things have happened! Nash went down to Charlotte and Skinner was tried out at center, and - get this - actually looked pretty good there (I know, I know, it's inconceivable!!!) and admitted he's much more comfortable there.

Now combine that with the inescapable likelihood that our draft pick will probably be a center and expected to contribute immediately (in JR's own words).

So you've got one finesse guy who's more comfortable at center at wing, a rookie who's probably played nothing but center (and if it's Monahan, someone who by all accounts could be a very good checking line center), and a guy whose physical attributes not only make him an ideal power wing, but who has proven to be a 30-goal type player at that spot.

So, I ask you, why exactly should they *NOT* be tinkering with the lineup? I am not saying that's 100% definitely the way it should be, I'm saying give it a shot and see what happens.

Again, I will point out the fact that young Kirk Muller was a physical two-way center and a very similar player to Jordan Staal....who just happened to move to left wing and became a better player for it.

Last edited by Roboturner913: 05-11-2013 at 10:45 AM.