View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
There is no goalie in the league that would be significantly better than Price on this team. Period.

If you disagree, name me one. And keep in mind how often the defence on this team is beat to the inside.

Find me a goalie that wins consistently on a team where he is faced with quality scoring chances on a regular basis.

We all saw what happens when an inferior goalie plays behind this godawful defence...Budaj in game 5. If it wasn't Price back there we'd be blown out every game.

If you have Boullion in your top 4 you are dead before you start. Especially when your other D are Diaz, Gorges, and a Markov than has no speed left at all.
Sorry, the Bruins and Leafs are playing all out run and gun n the playoffs. The Habs series looked like a battle of defensive titans by comparison. Reimer and Rask are getting stronger with each game and are the first stars of their respective teams. There are 2 off the top of my head that are both better than Price.

The Problem is availability, the teams that have found their go-to goaltenders are not trading them anytime soon.

These days it's easier to find a goaltender playing better than Price than the other way around. Some will take longer than others to come to the necessary conclusions.