View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
As a Kings fan, I like New Jersey players. And I feel that Jonathan Bernier is an excellent goalie who A) we must trade before we get offer sheeted...there's too much a grey area of price for him where the compensation would be too low vs. his perceived by LA's trade value; and B) we think he's very good so we want to trade him to the East.

So, let's trade, NJ.

At the draft or sooner after the Kings playoff run:

To Los Angeles:
Ryan Carter
Steve Bernier
Johan Hedberg (NJ keeps .5 mil a year until the end of JH's salary)

To New Jersey:
Jonathan Bernier
Tyler Toffoli
Jordan Nolan

I believe Brad Richardson will be gone but Carter is an upgrade for him. If we lose Dustin Penner because he won't sign for less (I expect a multi-million dollar player to not only show up for the playoffs but also will help us both get to the playoffs and get us home ice advantage. I don't really think home ice is that big a deal but I want a player who will work hard all year, like all of the other LA players.), I think we'll be fine with Steve Bernier, Kyle Clifford, Dwight King and the upcoming Tanner Pearson.
Ryan Carter can take over for Colin Fraser for now but I have a feeling with Carter, Fraser may be re-energized...possibly King too if Carter centers him on the third line. For his salary and his playoff ability, he is a very good value and will fit in very well on the Kings.
Hedberg is a decent backup. I have NJ keep some salary as I feel we give up the better assets and we're up against the cap. Bernier made about .9 mil as well so that will help him fit in cap-wise and offset some trade value. (I believe Hedberg makes 1.4 mil.)

For New Jersey, you can platoon almost 50/50 with Jon Bernier and Martin Brodeur. When Brodeur hangs them up totally in a year or so, JB will be ready to play the next four or so. He's a RFA so LouLam can re-sign him to a medium term deal this season. NJ's successful run has always focused on good goaltending and defense You guys need scoring and Toffoli is NHL ready now. He is a dynamic scorer. I throw in Nolan who is a good grinder for your bottom lines since we took two players from there...he can play center or wing (he plays wing in LA).

What do you guys think?
What the ****? Huge overpayment

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote