View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The kings allowed 2 breakaways in their 2-1 win last night. And prime shot from the slot too. And I missed a good chunk of the first so possibly more. All stopped by Quick. I swear if you guys watched other teams... no team's defense is perfect. Even the vaunted kings D allows tons of chances every game. A defense always looks better when its goalie makes the stops.

If it had been Price I guarantee that the game isn't won 2-1 and we would have heard the slew of usual excuses :

-How do you expect to win when you only score 2 goals?
-It's not a goalie issue, when will you people wake up, we allowed 2 breakaways and 1 shot from the slot ? How does our D keep leaving players all alone with our goalies ?
etc, etc.

At this point, there are no reason to stick with one guy and pay 6.5M if we can't expect him to step up big when the rest of the team doesn't. That's when you actually need a goalie, is when your team allows chances. If the goalie can only do well and win when you allow zero chances, then just put anybody in there worth 1M and sign some 6.5M guy on defense play better defensively.

This is all nonsense to me. We weren't that bad defensively. We weren't amazing either but you're just deflecting blame.
Well said. You have a good command of this situation and what's going on in and outside Montreal.