View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 10:31 AM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Claude Giroux - A, expectations for G can get sort of out of control around here
Jakub Voracek - A
Wayne Simmonds - B-, love simmonds compete level but there are two things holding him back from being the player he needs to be - he gets lost in the defensive zone A LOT, and he needs to cut down on the turnovers from trying to do too much with the puck
Scott Hartnell - C-
Daniel Briere - F, get him out of here. I think his awful play that sucked his lines dry deserves 25% of the blame for missing the season
Matt Read - B-
Sean Couturier - B-, I don't think people appreciate how tough some of the things he was asked to do really were. His line mates were atrocious for much of the season
Brayden Schenn - C, I don't hate him but at this point he looks like he will be an average/decent second liner. I definitely don't see the richards comparison in terms of hockey sense after 2 seasons.
Simon Gagne - B-, he's a decent filler top 9 player that won't kill you on either end at this point. I'd be ok with bringing him back for cheap but would prefer to upgrade his slot if posisble
Adam Hall - C, fine for a 4th line center but would like to get someone in that slot with a higher motor
Ruslan Fedotenko - C-, I think if you are going for good defensive and energy play, you might be better off going with a young guy with at least a little bit of upside. McGinn would be better in a 4th line wing role IMO
Zac Rinaldo - A, can't ask for much more from a 4th liner. His ability to draw penalties and disrupt play out there while not being a liability is important
Tye McGinn - B, hope he gets a shot to stick and his role is defined. We need to figure out if he can play 3rd line or if he'll just be a good 4th liner
Jay Rosehill - C-, meh. If he's the 13th forward that's fine but would rather have let this type of player on our roster die out with Shelley's contract
Max Talbot - C-, really disappointing season, but maybe he's actually a 4th liner and not a 3rd liner. If so, it could be a problem because we will have too many 4th line players

Andrej Meszaros - D-, even when he was out there he was horrible. I'm ready to cut ties with Mez. He's not providing much of anything especially if he's chewing up room on LTIR
Oliver Lauridsen - C+, I know he didnt look that great, but he showed enough to get a little excited about. If he can just improve on his decision making a bit and slow the game down this guy could be really useful on an NHL 3rd pairing
Kimmo Timonen - A-, this team needs to find a replacement for Kimmo FAST. This team might have been picking #1 overall if he wasnt around
Luke Schenn - A, not crazy about the deal at the time, but now it looks possible that he can be a very good #2 defensemen. His offense is actually pretty good and his footspeed has not been an issue for the most part. If he can just slowly improve his steadiness over the next 2 years he will definitely be there.
Braydon Coburn - D, also ready for this to end. I was a coburn defender for years but he has without a doubt regressed tremendously. He doesn't play with any confidence or assertiveness. He looks like he's afraid to make mistakes. He's really wasting his skills out there
Nicklas Grossmann- A, perfect stay at home 2nd pairing guy. Just need a better 2nd pairing partner that can be assertive offensively (aka not coburn)
Kent Huskins - B-, shocked at how well this guy played. Bring him back as the #6/7
Kurtis Foster - F, completely useless
Bruno Gervais - F, anytime anyone says something positive about Gervais i'm dumbfounded. This guy is terrible
Erik Gustaffson - B+, thrilled with this guys play the last 2-3 weeks of the season. I was starting to sour on him a bit but he has without a doubt earned a starting spot on the team next season. If he can prove that it wasn't a flash we might have the perfect partner for Grossmann

Ilya Bryzgalov - F, the team was below average defensively but nowhere near bad enough to excuse this guys pathetic play. This contract paired with the way the bob situation was handled might be the worst gaffe this organization has made since I have followed the team.
Steve Mason - INC, he certainly looked about a thousand times better than bryz. He's actually athletic which is kind of important in an athlete. But will it hold up after the adrenaline of going to a new team wears off and the pressure increases?
Brian Boucher - C-, hard to get upset about someone when you knew exactly what you were getting
Michael Leighton - C-, see above

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote