Old
05-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
2 trades that I'll throw out there.

To Columbus: Hemsky(Oilers eat $1.5M of contract), #7, Oilers 2nd, b level prospect

To Edmonton: Dubinsky, #14, #23

Then,

To Buffalo: #14, #23

To Edmonton: Myers

I realize Myers is a big risk, but he is still young and could rebound to his former form in a new environment. Buffalo gets good value with 2 mid 1'st in a solid draft year. It's really a risk for both clubs as we are dealing draft picks to get Myers.

Dubinsky gives us a player who could take draws for Gagner, then shift over to the wing.

Flame away.
I could definitely see a deal with Columbus. They have quite a few pieces that we'd be interested in in the event we trade down. I'm warming up to moving down if the draft goes utterly predictable and Monahan/Lindholm is gone at 7.

We'll see what happens with the NYR and LAK pick. History has shown that moving up about 5 spots or so in the Top-20 picks of he 1st round costs a 2nd rounder. Moving up 7 spots from 14 --> 7? We could maybe squeeze a low 1st if LAK/NYR go far.

I don't think the difference between Hemsky (1 year) and Dubinsky (2 years) is more then a 2nd. Jarmo brought in Gaborik so he's not allergic of highly skilled players with questionable health risks attached.

I'd try and take advantage of Jarmo's Finnish roots. Dangle Rajala and Harski out there and see if we get his attention. I think a guy like Rajala who came on real hot this year in the AHL and has been a junior star in the Finnish league holds value to Jarmo.