View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 11:48 AM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
As a Kings fan, I like New Jersey players. And I feel that Jonathan Bernier is an excellent goalie who A) we must trade before we get offer sheeted...there's too much a grey area of price for him where the compensation would be too low vs. his perceived by LA's trade value; and B) we think he's very good so we want to trade him to the East.

So, let's trade, NJ.

At the draft or sooner after the Kings playoff run:

To Los Angeles:
Ryan Carter
Steve Bernier
Johan Hedberg (NJ keeps .5 mil a year until the end of JH's salary)

To New Jersey:
Jonathan Bernier
Tyler Toffoli
Jordan Nolan

I believe Brad Richardson will be gone but Carter is an upgrade for him. If we lose Dustin Penner because he won't sign for less (I expect a multi-million dollar player to not only show up for the playoffs but also will help us both get to the playoffs and get us home ice advantage. I don't really think home ice is that big a deal but I want a player who will work hard all year, like all of the other LA players.), I think we'll be fine with Steve Bernier, Kyle Clifford, Dwight King and the upcoming Tanner Pearson.
Ryan Carter can take over for Colin Fraser for now but I have a feeling with Carter, Fraser may be re-energized...possibly King too if Carter centers him on the third line. For his salary and his playoff ability, he is a very good value and will fit in very well on the Kings.
Hedberg is a decent backup. I have NJ keep some salary as I feel we give up the better assets and we're up against the cap. Bernier made about .9 mil as well so that will help him fit in cap-wise and offset some trade value. (I believe Hedberg makes 1.4 mil.)

For New Jersey, you can platoon almost 50/50 with Jon Bernier and Martin Brodeur. When Brodeur hangs them up totally in a year or so, JB will be ready to play the next four or so. He's a RFA so LouLam can re-sign him to a medium term deal this season. NJ's successful run has always focused on good goaltending and defense You guys need scoring and Toffoli is NHL ready now. He is a dynamic scorer. I throw in Nolan who is a good grinder for your bottom lines since we took two players from there...he can play center or wing (he plays wing in LA).

What do you guys think?
Again no one of the worse proposals ive seen for jb and i ve been in most of the them. You think hes not worth a first plus when dean has said he wont trade him for less. I think you need to read the islander fans proposals and even then i think we get more. To me there offers blow this away. As for as needing cheap young role players whats wrong with adding from within. We have Andy Andreoff waiting to step up hes only 600k. Your trying to save money an u trade away a young offensive piece like toffolli your contradicting yourself. Also tradeing nolan another cheap young piece as much as i get frustrated with him He is one of the better 4th line players in the league. The kings need at least a first back to contine having player in the ahl to replace pieces as we nee them
ok lets see if any of this really saves us money cap wise
j b 1.250
nolan 575
toffolli 870
total 2,670

Hedberg 1.400
r carter .775
bernier 775

2.95 - 2.67 =280 000 - nj keep 500 k in slary saves 220k in cap saving

So we save 220 k in cap and we loose our best bargining chip in jb our best young and only top 6 forward prospect and one of the best 4th liners in the nhl on a great contract. I dont think this makes any sence sorry.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote