Old
05-11-2013, 11:53 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So, finally got to read The Hockey News draft preview, and my opinions on who to take has changed. Still like Risto but one player who I would 100% be fine with taking after reading what they said about him is Josh Morrissey. I know BCF is super high on him, and honestly it's probably that I didn't know enough. The article states he MIGHT not be a superstar defender but a top 4 puckmover who can play on the pp. He can skate well, read the play well and is HIGHLY competitive. His defense they stated is "reasonably well". I just didnt like the comparison to Petr Svoboda.

With the 41st pick, I'd take Ian McCoshen. Said he has the skill to be a "work-horse" defender. 20-30 minute type of player. He won't provide a lot of offense, but will be a guy you can play against other team's top defenders. I guess I am leaning towards being able to draft two defenders and playing them side-by-side. With the 2nd pick if Morin is still around I'd take him also.
I'd like to see them get Jacob de la Rose with the 41st pick. I think that guy is gonna be a steal if he is around in the second round.