Old
05-11-2013, 01:06 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Available that could give you the same or better:

Smith, Backstrom, Halak, Bernier, Luongo, Theodore ( he did have his superstar season under Therrien's system ). And I didn't make any research but the market for goalie is pretty strong this summer.
I dismiss Bernier. Of all the players on the list he has proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level. Montreal is not the place for him. Has T-BO written all over him.

Theo is old.

Backstrom will cost the same as Price and has done nothing of significance to prove he is an upgrade.

Smith will command the same salary as Price. He is also 5+ years older than Price. Besides one nice little run last season, what has he done to be anointed the Habs starter? Price had one top 5 season too.

Halak...that ship has sailed. He has become injury prone. We can all be nostalgic about the magic in 2010. Hasn't done much since then has he? Can't even keep his starter's job nor can he prove that he can carry the load for 60+ games.

That leaves us with Luongo. If it wasn't for his age and contract, I'd probably do it. He's a great goalie in a bad situation. Still, he doesn't have many years left and should be beginning his decline.

Like I said, we had this discussion and couldn't find an answer that fits.