View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Duledoz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
Yeah but you have many juniors which makes the 149 seniors pretty good. The best twenty something of those plays in the WC. I think this is enough to create a physically pretty talented team that can at least try to destroy better opponents offensive game. A little bit like Switzerland although they have better players of course.

Unfortunate if Jesenices demise means that they wont be as good developers of players, i saw on a swedish sport program a clip where i believe Anzes father showed them around and i thought the whole program there were pretty professional.
You still need raw numbers - Switzerland has 11.000 senior players, 13 000 juniors, Austria almost 6 000 seniors, almost 5 000 juniors. Slovenia 700 juniors. Too big margin ... If we had at least 15 rinks, 1.500 juniors then we would be unstoppable

Current U-20 is quite good - twice battling for win Division1A, but U-18 get relegated to Division1B.

Anže Kopitar is family project in hockey enviroment. Father, former NT player, build backyard ice rink, but they knew that Anže must leave Slovenia at 16 to succeed. One in a million.

Duledoz is offline   Reply With Quote