View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's the style they have him playing when the puck is below the face-off circle. I've been yelling at him all season about it. It's an incredibly flawed technique and it's cost him a lot of goals this year. He's not able to get up to his feet to react to a shot and when he's required to move laterally, instead of his skates being planted, he has to get them planted and move, meaning he is a split second slow on every play. Most goalies get up out of it as soon as the play comes near the bottom of the face-off circle, Price is playing in it too long and he has his legs in an ineffective position.

Those mechanics, that style, needs and overhaul in the off season. I can't see them not doing it. Virtually ineffective.
Didn't Groulx come on board for the 2010-11 season ?

Also, here's what Whitesnake said in another thread. WS, I hope you don't mind, just want to spark the debate here. I have no idea of the truth of it, and frankly I don't care. I just hope they all fix it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Habs have accomdated him way too much. I'm not the first one who says this, and I don't have a lot of insides, and actually the "insides" that I have, while it's coming from a trusted source, I can't verify it. But Pierre Groulx exists and is loved by Price 'cause he doesn't challenge him much. The exacty word of my "source" is that Groulx is actually Price "puppet". Surely way too harsh.....and not exactly how it really is.....but that's the word out there.

As a goalie coach, you don't totally change the way your goalie plays. You drafted him 'cause you'd like what you see, you like the base that way there and want to improve it. But you don't change it. But there's a difference between changing it and just not put some pressure to correct the evident mistakes. It is PURELY impossible that Price's flaws, that EVERYBODY in the goalie circle knows, cannot be worked on. So he either ignores it....is dumb or just doesn't have the talent needed to work on it....People can choose what they want. I obviously have no idea.