View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
ddawg1950

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtToody View Post
Can't blame Lou... This cluster muck rests all on Gillis. The bluffing he tossed out regularly "I've got 4 teams calling about him" was a joke everyone saw through. I think Gillis should be canned on that alone...
The list of bad decisions have been well documented. He has had good players in his sights but scrambles when he can't get them (offering Backes to an offer sheet then settling for Bernier; trading for Ballard while aiming for Hamhuis)... He's naturally in love with his own prospects and has sold short on some he inherited.
The team needs to roll back the odometer, seriously.
I think there's always enough blame to go around, but I have thought from the first moment I heard Lou speak about movng on, I thought to myself that he should not have said that.

Players spouting off to the press is almost never a good idea, but in this case Lou put the Canucks at a distinct disadvantage if they were going trying to move him before the new CBA.

So I disagree with you that this all rests with Gillis. This situation has had a lot of people contributing.

However, it is up to Gillis to make it right. And, as I have said previously, I'll wait to see what the outcome is before making a judgement.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote