View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 02:10 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
I could actually see JM being the hire. Remember Sakic and JK have to be comfortable with the hire, they couldn't care less what we think.

I mean who would have thought Elway would hire John Fox who was simply a retread. And Elway would have hired Kubiak if Houston had fired him instead of giving him an extension.

I still think Roy gets the first offer simply because his appeal extends beyond the bench. From a marketing perspective they will already have a bonanza with Seth Jones. But you add in the "Legendary St. Patrick and Super Joe" coming back to save the team. That will put butts in seats even though they aren't playing. And that is something you know they will consider and will play a factor.
It probably will be, but it shouldn't be. Using that to drive up interest would be another in a long line of failed PR. This team needs to build up the team we HAVE, not the team we HAD. Once the novelty of "Legendary St. Patrick and Super Joe reunited" wears off those butts will be gone if the results aren't there. If these guys are serious about building a winner and competing for a Cup then they need to find the best candidate that will get these guys to the next level. If that's Roy then great, but please don't float him the first offer on namesake alone.