View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Clown Baby*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
While Haag is a good prospect, he's a reach at 11, flat out. There will likely be better defensive prospects on the board at that position. I'd be thrilled if we were able to get Haag in the 2nd round, but I'm not picking him in the 1st round if guys like Nurse, Ristolainen, Pulock or Zadorov are there. That would be a travesty.
There are always going to be "reaches" (Hickey), and "steals" (S.Weber). Some pan out, some don't. Then, the rest go right about where everyone thinks they're going to go (Paajarvi). Again, some pan out, and some don't.

I think it's none too smart to base how excited we get on rankings from ISS, CSS, McKeen's, etc. when you can look at their draft guides five years from now, and piss yourself laughing.

The same thing applies to trading top-10 draft picks that aren't PPG forwards, or perennial Norris threats. The cap being what it is, and the draft working the way it does, you don't have time or options enough to be picky. You have a player? Good. Move ahead, and try to draft well throughout, so one gaffe doesn't ruin your franchise. No more of this Klotz horse-****.