View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 03:35 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
The most logical conclusion is that Gorton and Sather agreed on trading Gaborik and trading for Clowe. If they disagreed that much through the years, do you think they would still be working as boss and heir? The reason it makes sense to me is that if they asked my opinion, I would have made both trades. And I sure as hell didn't do as much due dilligence on Moore and others as the Rangers apparently did.

Sather is staying with the Rangers in hopes of winning one more Cup to burnish his legacy. This year, next year, maybe even 3-4 years. He gets to live large in Manhattan. His boss loves him. who wouldn't stay? I am sure Gorton wouldn't have been promoted to Asst GM, moved to NY and given so much authorithy if he wasn't the hand picked heir. He could have long since had his own team somewhere else.

And as for Richards, that's a tough, tough call. Keep in mind there will probably be 15-20 buyouts this summer and some very good players on the market. There will be bargains. If Sather AND Gorton think he's washed up at 33, they will pull the trigger and be able to replace him with a very good (Marian Hossa?) player at a discounted price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Torres is a better player right now than Clowe is, ask Sharks fans who's been more effective this season.
Oh and I couldn't let this one go by.

No, he is not.

Did anyoNe by chance notice how well Clowe played in game 4?

Last edited by bobbop: 05-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.