View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I'm saying your not treating 12% as 12.00000 repeating which it should be unless the bet was made to the closest whole number which it wasn't. I have nothing to gain from this bet and don't like the way BBo talked about the school system, but with this bet jaddeddog should not have assumed 12% meant to the whole number and he should have documented it as such. He didn't so you cant put personal bias towards it in that you think it should be to the whole number, you have to go by what was written down. Which in this case was very clearly marked as Eberle would not have a shooting % higher then 12% which is 12.000000 repeating. He does have a shooting percentage over 12.00000 repeating therefore jaddeddog has to honour the bet.
Honestly I have been out of school for many years and I have heard for MANY years that the Canadian school system >>> the American one and it probably is TBH, but I was honestly wondering if they are teaching something that I was not exposed to in my time in grade school. I have no beefs with the Canadian school system because I have never been a part of it, I just found it odd that many of the people that argued that 49 = 50 and 12.00 = 12.03 were schooled in a different school system than I was. It was not meant as a slight to Canadians or the Canadian school system at all and I am sorry if it came across that way.