View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 05:05 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr and the Nedveds View Post
Ok. So you keep basing your opinions on what ifs, which you are completely entitled to, and I'll base my opinions on what actually happened.

The offense provided nothing (well, except Boyle lulz!) to support the defensive output in that game. That is a fact. When ownership/management needs to make decisions on this team for the next season, I think they will put more focus on the lack of offensive output than a single penalty that may or may not have had any impact on the outcome of the game.
The "what if", is a pretty likely scenario. Considering the Caps were pushing hard in the 2nd and 3rd period, I tend to think that any added pressure would have been marginal. Now, of course I have no proof of that.

I don't know what long term plans of management have to do with this one game quite frankly. I'm talking about this one specific game. Also, the offensive problems are spread out to the entire team. So if we're blaming a player, it's not like they all have the burden of the entire offense.

Yes, our offense stunk, but you know what, the rest of the team was good enough to win, if not for Boyle. Most playoff games will be close, so either the offense or the defense/goaltending won't be great. That's to be expected. What's not to be expected is a player think his emotions are more important than the team. That's unacceptable.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote