View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 06:00 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Actually I meant to write it but I figured it would be kind of obnoxious.
Lol. Not bad.

Quote:
Choose your battles. Getting all bent out of shape over non-racism (your pathetic twitter fight) and a nobody no one has heard of using a racist term is EXACTLY LIKE how North Americans have made the media be so awful. Everything has to have a blame, a bad guy, something to be outraged about so the homebody can feel like they defeated racism.
First, I didn't get into a twitter fight. Maybe you're a bit confused my renaissance man, but that was someone else. I was simply commenting on your non-chalant dismissal of any concerns about racism in this thread, which is only too typical of "your ilk."

It's obvious you don't care. And it's obvious that you wouldn't care. I'm saying that the fact that you don't care doesn't matter. This conversation is going to happen whether you like it or not. And if you don't like it, you can kindly **** off.

Quote:
You and your ilk can take your sanctimonious bull and shove it - I doubt a single one of you even knows, or cares about, what a certain in-power Canadian political party is doing to immigration laws (jingoism) or social service access (racism)... but one asshat on twitter and you get all aflame.
Nothing I have said is sanctimonious in the least. Are you sure you know what that word means, or does your mother just tell you how smart you are when you use it?

And as for this particular piece of ********: there are always going to be more serious battles. It is not reasonable to say that I have to solve every other more serious problem before addressing this one. "Well, what about Saudi Arabia" men might say when confronted with sexism close to home. That's ********. If you want to do some good against discrimination, you don't have to restrict yourself to lobbying, petitions, and protest. You can intervene on a day to day basis. And your insinuation that people who want to intervene here "don't care" about more serious issues is disingenuous, probably inaccurate, and frankly sanctimonious.

Quote:
It's just twitter - you can't even publish coherent thoughts on it due to its character limit - grow the hell up.
Are you actually this ****ing dumb? What you want to say is that when someone says something reprehensible on twitter, it's in fact people having a problem with it that's the problem, not the reprehensible thing itself.

Way to pick your sides.