View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 06:28 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Possible role players for next season

First off, I know there's a free agent thread. This was already approved.

We all know our secondary guys need a major makeover, but with how top heavy our team is, we can't necessarily have a Brandon Prust making $2.5 million to play on the 4th line. The solution would be to get some "unsung heroes" from other teams who could potentially be had for much less. There are lots of guys on the free agent market that still have potential. For the sake of this staying on topic, lets say guys that can potentially be had for under $2 million only, and no guys like Bickell, Clifford, etc.

a couple of mine are

Patrick Bordeleau - He's a hulk that can throw 'em with anyone, but he's not just a "goon". He lead Colorado in hits this season, and had nearly DOUBLE any of our forwards

Kyle Chipchura - Possible 4th line center. Gordon would be the ideal guy from Phoenix, but he's likely not going to be available or cheap. Although he's not the best faceoff guy, he is a decent 4th line center and can contribute a bit offensively. He's also a good character guy, and willing to drop the glove (Bordeleau - Chipchura - Brown would be a nightmare to play against)

Thomas Greiss - With everyone talking about Khudobin, I feel as though Greiss could fly under the radar a bit and be picked up quite reasonably. He's performed very well with San Jose and is just entering his prime. He's the exact type of guy we should be looking at to push Dubnyk.

Thoughts? Who else is there?