View Single Post
Old
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Guillaume

vCash: 500
I think that you both have a point. Petrov has clear talent and very good size. He also did pretty well for his beginning in RSL. Probably not Ovechkin type of potential, but not excluded to see him within a top 10-15 of a draft. Lazarev is pretty good too in my opinion. In the same draft year, Filatov needs more consistency in internaitonal games if he wants to be drafted high.

One thing to keep in mind is that playing in RSL at a young age does not always amount to great career. Remember Alexander Plyuschev? I think he played his first RSL game at 15.

I don't regard Voynov as a high end prospect. Not impressive physically and nothing truely extraordinary so far.

As for combine81's point, I think is referring to the fact that Ezhov was rumored to be actually born in 1983, not 1985. Even though you (Hockeycritic) have a fair point in saying that what matters is to be good on the ice, the bottom line is that it affects how your learning curve is perceived (and thus impacts where you get drafted and what type of potential is assessed).

Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote