Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
05-11-2013, 10:39 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
We are still on this? It's one season. Whoa.

Honest question, is Nash even close to what Gaborik was in the post season last year? Gaborik was confirmed to have a torn labrum in his shoulder after the post season. Gaborik had 5g 6a 11pts, including a triple OT GWG.

And Gaborik was actually a huge impact player against the Capitals registering 3g 4a 7pts in 7GP with a +3 rating (with a triple OT GWG, with a bad shoulder).

Do you think Nash has brought anything to the table, even close to what Gaborik brought to the Capitals series last season? And I'm not even advocating that Gaborik was great, but at least he had stretches where he legitimately contributed while being hurt.

Nash is choking, doing less than Gaborik, and people want to speculate that he is hurt, when in reality, he could simply be choking.

I don't care if Nash scored 50 goals during the regular season, if he can't bring anything to the post season, besides turning his body on the rush, he is a non-factor and won't help this team go anywhere.

I don't like the fact that as "the guy" Nash has only brought his team to the post season once (and you can certainly argue Hitchcock and Mason were the biggest reasons they got there). They were knocked out in the first round and Nash scored one goal. Now Nash comes to the Rangers, where in terms of offense, he's "the guy" and once again he's facing a first round KO where he hasn't even scored a goal (and in terms of being the primary reason for making the post season, he still takes a back seat to Stepan and Lundqvist who were both more valuable than him this year). Big players step up when necessary, and so far Nash hasn't.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm seriously doubting it at this point. Make me eat crow Nash. did you ever go overboard...the remark I responded to was about us trading away gabs THIS year and how this has somehow hurt us THIS year as if gabs was producing when he clearly wasn't. I was pointing out that Gabs was terrible THIS year and I pointed this out b/c it means he would not have been any help THIS year so it really doesn't matter for the PO's THIS year if we traded Gabs bc Gabs was terrible. My comment has absolutely NOTHING to do with comparing nash to torn labrum gabs from LAST year... My comment was about saying "hey no need to lament Gabs being gone because I think we're getting more from Brassard and Moore than we would have from gabs this year". So you for some reason incorrectly thought I was comparing Gabs LAST year to nash THIS year when in reality I was making no comparison at all except maybe Gabs THIS year to what brass/Moore are giving us THIS year...which they're giving us a good deal. nash being poor has zero to do with gabs. Seriously what made you think I was making that comparison?

I literally said hell yea Nash sucks this year. I just also said that trading Gabs did nothing bad to this team because he WAS in FACT a bad, unproductive player THIS year. have I emphasized actual performance from this current year enough yet? Because I don't want more confusion.

If you think gabs would have overcome his completely unproductive invisible 2013 self and pl;ayed BETTER than brass and Moore combined have then good for you. That's your opinion then and you'd be entitled to it but I would def put my money on the idea that we have and will continue to get more out of brass and Moore than we would have from Gabs. So the idea that the Gabs trade has hurt us in these PO's I disagreed with and continue to disagree with. it hasn't hurt us. Nash underperforming (totally separate issue btw) HAS hurt us

Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-11-2013 at 10:49 PM.