View Single Post
05-12-2013, 12:04 AM
vCash: 500
I've wanted Morrissey for some time now. Jones and Nurse are the only guys I'm taking before him. That said, if you're going for the homerun Morin is the guy to go for. When you talk about upside, there isn't a defenseman with a bigger upside than his. Obviously his probability of hitting that upside isn't as high as say Seth Jones. Morrissey, Ristolainen, and Pulock aren't #1 defenseman. Morin has the potential to be a #1. It might not be for 5 years, it might be never, but it's there.

He's the Tyler Myers of this draft. The more I look at it the more I see it. Both 6'8. Both have incredible mobility for their size. Both had similar offensive season's during their draft year. Both played a role in winning u18 gold medals. Myers took a big leap after his draft year and Morin could be due for one as well.

People don't take change very well (this board especially). We've been pegging these kid's draft slots for a few years now and when someone comes out and makes a bold prediction everyone jumps all over it. But the more you sit back and think about it, the more it doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all. Morin, right now, is everything we hope Lauridsen will become, but still has a tremendous ceiling.