View Single Post
Old
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 515
Id like to trade for Johnny Boychuk to complete our right side on D. our own 2nd RD pick should do it and maybe an ok prospect. He could be good with Smid in last minute stands and can play heavy minutes... but wont have to im our lineup is healthy. He has a good hard slapper from the point.

Re-sign Fistric as a sutton type #7.

Trade; Peckham, NSchultz, Hemsky and Belanger.

slightly interested in re-signing Smithson as 4C. Love Jonesy but man im just not sure about his future now. If im acting with no emotion i think i let Jones walk.

I could see the Oilers signing Mark Streit... was coached by Krueger in the past. I dont really agree with it but it could fill in a void left by Whitney (when he was healthy 2 years ago).

UFAs id take a look at are Horton, Fedotenko, Cleary (unlikely he will be avail. but most certainly MacT will be interested).

Hall RNH Ebs
PRV Gagner Yakupov
Fedotenko Horcoff Cleary
Lander Smithson Brown

Smid Boychuk/Petry
Streit JSchultz
Klefbom Petry/Boychuk
Fistric

Dubnyk
Khabi (likely at 1.5M)

no huge signings.

------------
BTW I like the thought of getting Nathan Horton ALOT but i dont think it is realistic. I also was fully against Yaks playing his proper wing--since we drafted him for what he accomplished on the RW. Adam Oates though brought up a great point of puck possession and that most players playing their wrong wings dont get the puck alot. I think if you get Nathan Horton you put Yaks on his LW. Oates theory is pretty sound and that observation had never clicked to me before but is sound. When i was on my weak side i know i tried not to handle the puck much at all because its harder to defend and if i gaffe its in the midddle of the ice. Not good. So you chip, and make quick plays and the whole point is so you can get open to punch a good pass.

I agree with Oates, i would like to see my best players handle the puck as much as possible.

Last edited by oilinblood: 05-11-2013 at 11:37 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote