View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 01:58 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
He is very interesting. I recall hearing the same as you at the draft with the addition that klefbom would be better offensively than Brodin but worse defensively.

This year all we heard about was his defensive prowess. Some scouts even said they preferred him to Brodin. I hope he can have the impact Brodin had this year but am willing to be more patient.

In all I think we got a stud who reminds me of a less physical Nicklas kronwall. If he turns out like that I would be thrilled.
In style, this may be true. Kronwall took some time to learn the defensive side of the game (DRW waited till he was like 25 to make him a regular). Klefa is a bit more defensively well-rounded than Kronwall was at the same developmental stage.

To me, Kronwall is an offense-first defenseman with average defensive ability. I feel that Klefa will be more balanced. Not the same 50+ point offensive threshold, but 35-45pt peak with solid defensive game. Kind of like John Carlson on the Caps (6'3, 215 - similar size to Klefa too).

Carlson is another guy who's a good skater with a hard shot who's turned himself from an offense-first guy to a 2-way defenseman.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote