Thread: Stastny
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I think most of us (Those who haven't already given up on Stastny anyways), want to see what Stastny can do under a new coach before trading him is considered as well.

I still believe O'Reilly should have been the one in the defensive role last season. I think Stastny will always have a higher offensive IQ and ceiling than O'Reilly.

It should go Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly IMO, but not many here are going to agree with that. I'm not saying O'Reilly should be used purely as a shutdown center either, but he should get the most defensive starts much like Stastny did.
Agreed. Both are very good two way players. Staz is just a playmaker where ROR is a Power Forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Because he's not playing behind Duchene and O'Reilly. Lack of Jones helps, too.
Agreed as well. He's the man for Team USA. He's the #3 guy on the Avs. Which should make us pause when discussing trading him. He's playing the role he's being asked to with us well. But it does show he is fully capable of being THE guy. Hell he even showed that at the end of 11-12 when his line with Jones and McGinn very nearly pulled us to the 8th seed down the stretch when ROR and Lando hit the wall and Dutchy was banged up.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote