View Single Post
Old
01-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Winnipeg still had better attendance than the supposed hockey hotbed of Minnesota, even in 1991 Minnesota averaged under 8,000! (I went to the same hockey attendance database you got your Jets info from). If Minnesota can get their team back when they averaged between 7,838 to 13,910 in the 90's and got a new arena much later, then why shouldn't Winnipeg get that chance when they also have a new, NHL-approved arena?
They would have a brand new team with a brand new arena that is worse than the one the Penguins have that isn't good enough.

They have less Luxury suites, less capacity than any NHL arena right now....including Mellon Arena.(And they made it so the arena was not expandable.) They have less population to draw a fan base and merchandising from. They have no corporate support to draw from.

I am tired of debating the ridiculous with diehards that just can't see that the notion of the NHL in Winnipeg is completely assenine.

And your comment of NHL approved arena. I heard the guy that was in charge of the whole deal at True North on Fan590 and he said he had no idea what the NHL criteria for arenas were so I would like to know where you got your NHL approved notion from.

Edit...I am Canadian, I love hockey, I love the Jets. I was a fan of the Jets from the WHA days when I lived in Kenora, ON as a kid. I watched Hull, Hedberg, Nilsson with Joe Daly in net. I would have loved them to keep their NHL franchise. The time to act was 10 years ago. Not now.

Last edited by Slats432: 01-03-2004 at 05:56 AM.