View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Who I want out (trade, let go, waivers, whatever):

Moen (Enough. Let's move on, somebody please take him for a pick)
Kaberle (Time to change the face of our defense)
Weber (Time to give the kid his chance...and chance the face of our defense)
Armstrong (incredibly dissapointing for me)
Ryder (From incredibly strong to a big question mark and a dissapointment in the playoffs. I do not give 4 M$ to dissapointments...)
Blunden (Have your chance somewhere else, we'll grab some other big body somewhere else)
Diaz (Only for the reason to change the face of this D. He is a good player that will be serviceable elsewhere. Never be a Mark Streit but then...still serviceable)
Drewiske ( I want my 5th rounder back...)
Gionta (If we want to change the face of the D, we have to change the face of our forwards a little. I'd call New Jersey.....)
Mayer (Small detail...but enough already. Go away and don't come back.)
Nokelainen (Wasn't with us but could still be returning...I don't want)
St-Denis (Time for a chance somewhere else. We will need to pick a vet or 2 for Hamilton though)

2 guys I'm really on the fence with....

Markov and Gorges. Always for the sake of changing the face of our defense. Markov will be going for slower to slowest real soon. Gorges was pretty average this year. Yet, I don't see any team going for Markov, but Gorges? We might actually have a decent return. So Gorges, I'm fine to let go ONLY if the return is good. If not, you keep him....but then it will mean that your D next year will be composed of: Emelin, Subban, Tinordi, Markov, Gorges and Bouillon. Sorry....but we are not improving. Of course a more seasoned Tinordi is an improvement. And Emelin back in the lineup is....but it's still not a tremendous defense.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote