View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
In style, this may be true. Kronwall took some time to learn the defensive side of the game (DRW waited till he was like 25 to make him a regular). Klefa is a bit more defensively well-rounded than Kronwall was at the same developmental stage.

To me, Kronwall is an offense-first defenseman with average defensive ability. I feel that Klefa will be more balanced. Not the same 50+ point offensive threshold, but 35-45pt peak with solid defensive game. Kind of like John Carlson on the Caps (6'3, 215 - similar size to Klefa too).

Carlson is another guy who's a good skater with a hard shot who's turned himself from an offense-first guy to a 2-way defenseman.

Klefbom isn't and has never really been an offense first d man. The talk about him being a more offensive guy than Brodin around the draft must have come from Klefbom being a great skater with a nice shot but he's never really had much offensive instinct.
His offensive contributions are a good first pass, a decent shot and the ability to skate the puck up ice(one of the better players I've seen in this category actually).
Never really put up any big offensive numbers and doubt he ever will in the NHL. Unless ofc he develops that aspect as well, considering his development curve the last few seasons you never know, seems like a guy who really works on his weaknesses, but I wouldn't count on it.

I think very highly of him and don't think he'll be a black hole offensively but if he starts producing a lot of offense it's all bonus. He'll be the guy who turns Schultz into a Norris winner instead...

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote