View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 09:32 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
And anyone who thinks Chris Stewart and Bobby Ryan are even close to equal talents simply doesn't watch hockey.

Whether it was a realistic possibility is irrelevant to the argument that we'd be overpaying, which is even more hilarious now than then.
All I'm saying is that your tooting your horn for a hypothetical trade proposal that was never actually an option for Doug Armstrong.

I can say that I would have traded Backes and Shattenkirk for Malkin months ago and the results of the playoff series would be different, but that has no basis in reality.

Yes, Bobby Ryan is a much better player than Stewart. Is that worth opening a hole in the Blues center depth which is already weak? Maybe. It is certainly debatable.

But yeah, I totally don't watch hockey. At all. I just post here instead... Seriously, there was no need to insult me or be dismissive.

Bobby Ryan plays with a MUCH better playmaker than Chris Stewart, be it Getzlaf OR Koivu. Bobby Ryan was never available. The Blues were more interested in bolstering their transition game than finding a finisher. The Blues weren't looking for an upgrade at winger. Why do you keep bringing up this trade proposal you made as if it means something?

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote