View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
NLHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay. But then we keep saying that it's unfair to judge Price based on how poor our teams have been in front of him. So what do we want for Price? A great system with a strong defense right? If so....and if he does well....can we then say that "the only reason why Price does well is because of a great system and a strong D"???

One day, people will make me understand that double standards....Halak has no merit for what he has done...but Price isn't at fault for not having what Halak has had....
There is not a large gap in goaltending today as it was decades ago. Top goaltenders (stats wise) can change year from year. Obviously the better the team in front of the goalie helps a lot. I want the Habs to get better overall. No goalies should get discredited for the team in front of him as he still has to stop the puck. I preferably want to see our goalies have the easiest time due to the strength of the team in front of him. I want to see the Habs have the best team, not forward, defence, or goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
You can try to chip away at Halak's performances all you like he's a guy with a high compete level and focus. He'd be a dangerous threat to a team playing him in the playoffs... especially Montreal.
Halak's a great goalie, though he has had injury troubles. That article may be blown out of proportion but it doesn't paint him as a good teammate. They're a very good team playing the defending champs. The players and coaches didn't need that distraction.