View Single Post
05-12-2013, 11:54 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
I stepped out to surprise my mom with some Mother's Day stuff, how bad was Schenn's hit? 25 minutes for checking from behind?

Maybe Subban will get invited if he's suspended..

Offensively? Yeah.
Defensively? Hamhuis is much, much better. That's not a knock on PK either because he's really good, but Hamhuis is incredible.

I would absolutely drool over a Hamhuis-Subban pairing. That would be the NHL's best pair, no question.
I beg to differ, but that's a simple question of opinion. Fact of the matter is not a lot of NHL defenceman can protect a puck in the D-zone like PK. His positioning may not be stellar, but his dynamism and athletism compensate a lot. He might be the most athletic hockey player out there.

If Canada doesn't feel like he should be at the Worlds, something is wrong with this country. And it ain't talent evaluation. There could be something else.

As for the RD and LD argument, it is mute in my mind. I've seen soviet teams with all guys on the same hand side and STILL be the most dominant team in the history of hockey. It's irrelevant. That's a very north american-style of thinking. And it killed a lot of canadian national hockey teams over the years.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote