View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextDaigle View Post
You are applying the qualitites of a 4th line "tough guy" to the definition of a power forward.

I suspect the intention is to more easily make the argument that Lucic is the top power forward in the NHL (which he definitely is not). And if you canīt agree that any of the above mentioned players are power forwards, I really have nothing more to say. I am not frustrated, I am perplexed.
Go onto Google's search engine, and search the definition of a "power-forward" in hockey. The majority of the websites will mention that the willingness to drop the gloves is a key characteristic of a power-forward. Too many users on HFboards assume that a talented and physical forward that plays first/second-line minutes is considered a "power-forward" (however, the forward is not willing to drop the gloves). How can I take your list of "power-forwards" seriously when you considered Eric Staal and James Neal as power-forwards.

These are players that I would consider as power-forwards in today's game:

Milan Lucic, Ryane Clowe, (potential) Marcus Foligno, (potential) Zack Kassian, and Jarome Iginla.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote