View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 02:27 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Tippet's contract expires after the draft. Sakic wants a coach in place in time for the draft. Tippet is most likely not going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Sakic said he would like to get a coach before the draft, but if Tippet is their guy I doubt that'll be much of an issue and I could see Maloney give Tippet free hands to talk with the Avs if Dave makes it clear he's not comming back as the two of them really respect each other.
It is not unheard of for teams to give permission to other teams to talk to personnel. It's usually done with assistants getting the opportunity to be promoted to a higher level by another team. However, I'm pretty sure I've both Maloney and Tippett would prefer to stay in Phoenix but only if the ownership situation is settled. At this point, it really hasn't been settled so I would think as well as Maloney and Tippett have worked together as a team, Maloney would allow Tippett to talk to anyone in advance of his contract expiring so he could have a gig lined up for next season.