View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLURVE View Post
There are other fish that are bottom feeders not on fish feces but on seal crap and everyone in North America eats is cod. Yup, cod. Before going crazy knocking Tilapia (not my favorite fish but if prepared well, it is just as good as any), cod and red snapper are pbvious bottom feeders. Hey I used to be a fish monger working part time while attending post secondary and I have cut up mahi mahi, halibut (try lifting a 60 pounder flat fish onto a cutting board), salmons of all kinds, cods, kingfishes, crabs, lobster, eels, geoduck, red snappers, carp etc. The worst for worms are red snappers and cod. They feed on the bottom where seal feces are and they get huge amount of worms (sometimes a handful in their belly). Customers comeback and reveal the worms embedded in their meat (some still alive during cooking). It is not harmful but not aesthetically pleasing. I would tell them that they were lucky not getting charged extra for that added protein (worm).
Oh yeah, without a doubt cod and snapper are not on my list either. For fish what I like is Salmon, Trout, halibut, sole, mahi, Ahi Tuna and that tends to keep me smiling. I rarely have bad experiences with those fish. I rarely have good experiences with Cod, tilapia, snapper. Garbage fish basically. Why not buy quality?

Its funny in that regard. People will spare no dime when it comes to a quality cut side of beef. But with fish its somehow cutting cost time?! A great quality fish is so much more enjoyable.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote