View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post

Every discussion about Price forgets that he's just one player on a team.
I disagree with that notion.

The goaltender is not just one player on a team. You can get by with a dman not playing well but it's a heck of a lot harder if it's your goalie. The goalie's play has a huge impact on the team, much more so than any other player. When Price was drafted, our insane fan base started the hype train saying that in 4-5 years, because goalies are more important, Price would be a more valuable player than Crosby. Now that Price is not performing, he's just another player on the team. A player who has the highest cap hit on the team.

Noticed how the game where we won we didn't actually need to score 3 goals ? We could have won with 2-1. The score has a huge impact on how a game plays out. If a team is down 0-4 they don't push quite as hard as if it's were 3-4.

Either way. There are huge philosophical differences in the way I view goaltending within a team concept and a lot of people here. Not saying I'm right or that you're wrong but it is the way it is. We will never agree on anything on that subject.