View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 03:17 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtbyisms View Post
Yeah, I'm not really sure what you were watching but it was nearly identical to Erskine's speed. I'm not attacking him. I understand a lot of us are very high on him and I'm not bashing. I'm nearly pointing out a glaring weakness I saw and obviously I'm not the only one.

As for the comment on "lumbering" vs "his size makes him look slow"

Slow is slow dude. I hope he improves but call it what it is. Let's be realistic here. All of these people listed after him would skate circles around him and go end to end before he hit center ice. lol It's an issue, he needs to work on it and I hope he improves.

Tom Wilson 6'4" 210
Alex Ovechkin 6' 3" 230
Jay Beagle 6'3" 215
Jason Chimera 6'3" 213
Wojtek Wolski 6'3" 215
Troy Brouwer 6'3" 213
Eric Fehr 6'4" 212
Karl Alzner 6'3" 213
John Carlson 6'3" 212
I don't think six minutes is enough sample size to label player 'slow'. Have you ever seen him in the AHL or OHL? He won a foot race against Chris Bourque in the AHL. He was winning races regularly in the OHL.
Quote:
When I asked French about how Wilson, a prospect known for his size, won a foot-race with one of the quickest players on Providence for his goal, French gushed. “I think that’s the reason why people are so high on him,” he said. “He’s obviously got the size and for a big guy he uses it. But as you mentioned, he’s got some underrated speed and puck skills. I think that’s the combination that everybody’s excited about.”

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote