Thread: Buyouts
View Single Post
05-12-2013, 05:42 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sheet View Post
With a new coach I'm hoping to see jones and staz and our underachieving crew in general rebound. If this team plays to potential we'll be scary good.
The best thing we can hope for with Jones, is that he take his conditioning a little more seriously this off-season. However for whatever reason Jones just seems to lack the ability to raise his motivation level in a way that can been seen in his play.

We seen it a little bit after he found out he wasn't being traded at last years deadline. But he settled back in to his usual flat lined unmotivated style of play after the contract. Which goes to his character IMO....

Jones makes me sick, and I have zero hope that he will rebound. But because of that contract, he'll be given a chance to rebound.

I'd love it if they did something like trade Jones + 4th/5th rounder for Horton's rights. We rid ourselves of that contract, Boston gets some cost certainty and takes a chance on him with a fresh start, but can afford to buy his ass out easier than we can, and they get a mid round pick for their efforts. Maybe add another conditional 4/5th round pick if Horton signs, or they have to buy out Jones.

I'd at least test the waters on that, seeing as how they had interest in him at one point, and probably have no intention of giving Horton the raise he needs.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote